Spirituality and Self-Care
How can spirituality have a positive impact on your well-being? If we define spirituality as belief that gives you a sense of purpose and meaning, then we can see that it has a positive impact in many ways. Generally speaking, having a spiritual practice encourages people to have better relationships with themselves, others, and the unknown. Other ways a spiritual self-care practice can benefit you:
- You may feel a higher sense of purpose, peace, hope, and meaning.
- You may experience better confidence, self-esteem, and self-control.
- It can help you make sense of your experiences in life.
- When unwell, it can help you feel inner strength and result in faster recovery.
- Those in a spiritual community may have more support.
- You may work at better relationships with yourself and others.
What is a spiritual practice, you may ask? A spiritual practice is something you do to feel more connected with humanity and the world. So, how do you nourish your spirit and soul? Do you read inspirational books? Dedicate quiet reflection time for yourself? Play sports? Spend time in nature? Volunteer or do community service? What makes you feel peaceful, loved, strong and connected to the spirit of the world?