Isolation + The Importance of Connection + Belonging Part 2 ( The Professional Impact)
We know that isolation, connection and belonging don’t just impact what we experience in our personal lives. Many of us spend significant time in our work and professional lives as well, so the impact of isolation isn’t any less, nor are the benefits of connection and belonging.
Holistic practitioners who seek out membership with Tribe aren’t just looking for clients. They inherently crave community in order to lessen the burden that comes with owning a sole proprietorship, with not knowing how to navigate certain aspects of business, and simply, with not wanting to be alone on the entrepreneurial journey.
Let’s look at how belonging to a community can support business growth in several ways:
- Networking: Belonging to a community can provide opportunities to network with other business owners, entrepreneurs, and industry professionals, which can lead to new partnerships, collaborations, and potential clients. This is why we offer our cheeky version called Notworking to our members.
- Referrals: Being a part of a community can also lead to more referrals and word-of-mouth marketing, as satisfied clients are more likely to recommend a business to their friends and family. By virtue of proximity and mutual respect, referrals amongst Tribe members are the norm.
- Feedback and support: Belonging to a community can provide a sounding board for ideas, feedback, and support, which can be valuable for business owners and entrepreneurs as they navigate the challenges of growing a business. This is precisely why we have Notworking and Get Sh*t Done events monthly!
- Access to resources: Being a part of a community can also provide access to resources such as mentorship, training, and funding, which can help businesses grow and succeed. We lovingly refer to the phenomenon of sharing that happens amongst our members as the TribeMind. And we’re proud to be providers of personal mentorship and professional continuing education in our industry.
- Building reputation: Building reputation and being an active member of the community, can lead to trust and reputation of the business, that can increase the likelihood of clients and profits. Our most active members have stellar reputations amongst both clients and colleagues.
- Community engagement: Community engagement can be a powerful marketing tool and help you to build a strong relationship with clients, it can also help you to understand the specific needs and preferences of your target audience. We’re constantly amazed at how our members creatively engage in their marketing platforms and it’s why we share their creativity + personalities in our social media with you!
- Innovation: Communities can also foster innovation, providing a platform for sharing new ideas and best practices, which can help businesses stay competitive and adapt to the changing marketplace. Our members’ businesses are constantly evolving + innovating and we wouldn’t know HALF of what was going on in our industry if we didn’t have each other to lean on, witness and inspire.
Remember that building and maintaining a strong community takes time and effort, but it can ultimately lead to greater business growth and success, so why wouldn’t you make the time and put in the effort?
Belonging begins with taking the first brave step through a door. And then it continues with showing up, over and over again.
Thanks for being here. 🙂
If you skipped right to Part 2 of this blog entry, make sure to read about the personal impact isolation, connection and belonging can have on you in Part 1.
Written by Cari Rogers, co-owner of Tribe and founder of HealThySelf. Cari loves to partner with people who believe that the body has an incredible capacity to heal under the right circumstances and with the right support.