Why I Sabotage Deep Dive
Do you graze mindlessly throughout the day and feel called to the kitchen when you aren’t even hungry? Or maybe you tell yourself you’ll have one piece of pie during your holiday dinner but before you know it you’ve tried all the desserts, feel physically ill and beat yourself up for not being able to stop earlier. You enjoyed the taste of the desserts but deep down you felt like there had to be another reason you couldn’t stop at just one. We self-sabotage all year round but doesn’t it seem to happen more in November and December? If you feel like food takes up a lot of brain space and you’re exhausted all year but especially in the last two months, there is a way to get freedom from constantly thinking about it! If you freed up some of your thoughts about food, think of all the other things you could focus on if it weren’t front-and-center day in and day out. That type of relief comes from getting to the bottom of why you lose your willpower. SPOILER: It’s not really about lacking discipline, resisting food or depriving yourself!! Many diets and weight loss programs focus on your “why.” In this workshop, we will get clear on your “why not.”
- Why do you know what to do but you’re not able to stick with it?
- Why do you want to workout more but don’t consistently go to the gym?
- Why do you tell yourself to stop at just one handful of chips but then finish the whole bag?
By identifying your story (aka the why not), it provides perspective as to how those “bad habits” are protecting you. Once you have clarity and get to the root of what’s driving those behaviors, it’s empowering that it’s something that can change beyond just needing more willpower or discipline. What we’ll cover:
- See how your “bad eating” is protective and understand the real root cause of why you “fall off track”
- Shift the focus away from more tactics to resist food to you and who you have to become to not battle food
- Clearly identify your ‘one big thing’ goal and how it would improve your life immediately when you reach your goal
- Diagnose your story so you can see your story as something outside of yourself that can be changed
- Session length: 2 hours
- Homework to start connecting your story with your unaligned eating
- Cost: $225 (regularly $350 when done as a private session). Your investment will get applied to a 3- or 6-month Truce with Food program if you decide to sign up after the workshop. There is no obligation to do so and there will not be a high-pressure sales pitch at the end of the session.
- Register at: https://WhyISabotage.eventbrite.com
Common outcomes from the session:
- Renewed sense of hope that your relationship with food can change
- Clarity as to what’s been driving your “bad” habits, which reduces guilt
- Approach the holidays with more awareness and understanding of what triggers you to experience anxiety around food, tell yourself you deserve all the treats, or say screw it until January
- Start to see there isn’t something “wrong” with you and your willpower
You will learn new things about yourself during this intensive and jam-packed 2-hour workshop. The group is kept small to ensure each person gets personalized attention. Sign up at: https://WhyISabotage.eventbrite.com What clients have said about the session:
- “I have made more progress in the 2.5 hours I have spent with you so far then I have in years of therapy!” ~ Truce with Food client
- “Going into the Discovery Session I was hopeful but skeptical. We started out talking about the first step I could take towards reaching my goal and as I was talking about eating more vegetables (boring) I thought, ‘Am I really back here talking about fiber and veggies again?’ I was totally unenthused but then we made it to the story portion of the exercise and I felt a shift. I then remember thinking, ‘How did I start on vegetables and get to I’m not enough and crying?’” ~Sarah R.