The Essential Self-Care Series: Mindfulness + Meditation, Guided Imagery and Dual Control Breathwork
How do you develop a greater sense of self-regulation in a fast-paced, stressful, often dis-regulated world? Learning to regulate your nervous system with essential tools like mindfulness and meditation, guided imagery and breathwork gives you resources to cope with life’s challenges with a greater sense of calm and presence, a greater sense of clarity and problem-solving ability, a greater sense of openness with your emotions, actions and responses so that you can create a sense of safety in your body and in the world.
In this 3-Part Online Series, we’ll introduce the Essential concepts, uses, benefits and contraindications to Mindfulness Meditation, Guided Imagery and Dual Control Breathwork, then practice each of them in order to develop and integrate a beginner practice of self-regulation into daily living right away. This workshop is open to all learners, and Massage Therapists can earn 3 CEs toward their license renewal.
Cost: $60 for the Series ($48 for logged in members) A zoom link and course materials will be provided 24 in advance of the series, so registration closes 4/18.
Schedule: 4/19 | 6-9pm Essentials Self-Care Series
Essentials Self-Care Series
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm CST
- Essentials of Mindfulness + Meditation
- Students will differentiate the practices of meditation and mindfulness, identify the researched benefits/ contraindications of each, practice simple techniques and designate a self-practice plan that can be applied daily.
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm CST
- Essentials of Guided Imagery
- Students will identify the benefits, uses and contraindications of Guided Imagery, practice using guided imagery for relaxation and goal setting and formulate a self-practice plan that can be applied daily.
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm CST
- Essentials of Dual Control Breathwork
- Students will identify the benefits, uses and contraindications of consciously activated breathwork, practice using breathwork for up- and down-regulating the nervous system and formulate a self-practice plan that can be applied daily.