Practice Flow: 8 Keys to OWNing Your Business
Are you a reluctant entrepreneur who views the business side of private practice as ‘a necessary evil’?
Or perhaps you would like to start a private practice but feel overwhelmed at the thought and don’t know where to begin?
Heart-centered healers are often led to private practice by a strong sense of purpose, and commonly prioritize being of service over making profit. If you aren’t careful, this can lead to burnout or never quite reaching the stage where your practice supports you financially. Save yourself valuable time and money with this course. Benefit from our 20 years in the industry, including 10 years of owning and operating a successful shared space, where we have witnessed hundreds of ‘mis-steps’ that other practitioners (including ourselves) have made.
- 8 90-minute live online sessions where we will explore the 8 Keys that we believe are essential for turning a private practice into a sustainable business
- 90 days access to an attendee portal where you will receive support from Tribe’s owners and member support team, a discussion forum to chat with and receive feedback from your fellow attendees, and access to valuable shared resources, such as:.
- Three Tribe TV channels for Wellness Professionals:
- Practice Flow Gems: Short videos on each Key to inspire you
- Self Care Journey: Interviews with Tribe professional members about how they take care of themselves in order to take care of their clients
- Big Hearted Business Archives: Recordings of training calls with our Pro-level member and marketing coach, Christina Giordano.
On the live calls, we’ll look at ways to reduce the fear and resistance you might feel around owning a business, provide suggestions for simpler ways of operating your business, and walk through the process of taking a vision for your private practice and creating a well thought out plan that inspires you to manifest it. You can transform your reluctance and OWN your business. Each week we will explore one of the 8 Keys:
- Purpose (identifying your ‘why’, vision, values, and mission)
- Plan (setting goals, creating a budget and a timeline)
- Message (writing your story, identifying your client’s biggest problem and the solution you offer)
- Resilience (tapping into what inspires you, developing self-care practices)
- Personality (developing your brand, positioning yourself)
- Relationships (building client rapport, setting boundaries)
- Peers (identifying your professional support team, mentors, and peers)
- Systems (implementing efficient systems to reduce time spent on admin)
If you are just starting out, using these 8 Keys, we will help you to:
- clearly state why your business exists/will exist
- state the outcomes your clients can expect
- describe how and where your business will operate
- develop a plan for where your clients will come from
- determine the revenue your business will need to achieve to be self sustaining
- estimate the time and costs necessary to launch or uplevel revenue
- estimate ongoing expenses to run your business
- identify the municipal, state, and federal requirements to operate a private practice
- explain the differences between sole proprietor, independent contractor and employee
- evaluate your level of commitment to being a business owner vs being an employee or independent contractor
- articulate your business identity and/or personality
- identify and budget for the tools, professional support services, and training that will be required to be successful long term
At the end of the program, you will have the tools to write a simple business plan for your practice that you can use as your roadmap, which demonstrates that you 1) have a clear vision for your business, and 2) have given serious consideration to the time commitment and financial investment necessary to start a private practice. (Massage therapists can earn 12 hours in CEs. Other professions may be able to submit hours on their own for approval if desired.)
Pro-level members: $197 (find your access code in the pro-level group)
(Learn more about Tribe membership here).
8-week Schedule: This training meets virtually on Zoom for 8 consecutive Tuesday mornings from 8-9:30am CST on 6/13, 6/20, 6/27, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1 & 8/8 (skips 7/4).
Massage Therapists must be present for all 12 hours to receive NCBTMB CEs. Awarding partial CEs is not permitted.
Calls are led by Tribe’s co-founder Ellen Letten.