GSD: Weekly WorkSprints
Pomodoro work sprints + collaborative working = productivity, accountability + connection!
Pomodoro work sprints are a time management technique that can help you be more productive.*
GSD: Weekly WorkSprints is a 4 hour collaborative working event that combines the power of Pomodoro work sprints with the support of community collaboration to help you Get Sh*t Done! Working alone as a solo business owner can be isolating. In addition to being more productive, collaborating with others while using pomodoro work sprints can help you feel more connected and prevent burnout.
Collaborative working can help you to stay accountable. By sharing your progress and goals with others, you may feel more motivated to stay on track during your pomodoro sprints. Working in the presence of likeminded people can provide inspiration and spark creativity by exposing you to new ideas and perspectives. It also provide an opportunity to learn new skills and techniques, which can help you be more efficient and productive in the long run.
*Here’s how Pomodoro work sprints go:
- Choose a task to work on.
- Turn off all distractions.
- Set a timer for 20 or 25 minutes (this is called a “pomodoro”, named after a pomodoro tomato-shaped kitchen timer).
- Work on the task until the timer goes off.
- Take a short break (5-10 minutes).
- Repeat the cycle (work for 20 or 25 minutes, take a short break) four times.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15-30 minutes).
Pomodoro work sprints can help you be more productive by:
- Increased focus: The time limit helps you stay focused on the task at hand, rather than getting distracted by other things.
- Reduced procrastination: Breaking a task down into smaller, more manageable chunks can help you avoid procrastination.
- Increased efficiency: By focusing on a single task for a set amount of time, you can get more done in less time.
- Better time management: Pomodoro sprints help you prioritize your tasks and manage your time more effectively.
- Reduced burnout: Taking regular breaks can help prevent burnout and improve your overall well-being.
Overall, pomodoro work sprints can be an effective way to boost your productivity by increasing focus, reducing procrastination, improving efficiency, enhancing time management, and reducing burnout.
To get the most out of GSD: Weekly WorkSprints, select the tasks that you plan to work on in advance. You’ll be amazed how much you can get done!
Cost: Free to our pro members, $10 for non-members (members, login to your membership portal prior to registering to apply the discount!). We’ll send you a link 30 minutes prior to the event launch.
Contact the Organizer (Ellen Letten) with any questions.