Out of Control Eating Deep Dive
Do you graze mindlessly throughout the day and feel called to the kitchen when you aren’t even hungry? Or maybe you tell yourself you’ll have one cookie after dinner but before you know it you’ve eaten eight, feel physically ill and beat yourself up for not being able to stop earlier. You enjoyed the taste of the cookies but deep down you felt like there had to be another reason you couldn’t stop at just one.
If you feel like food takes up a lot of brain space and you’re exhausted, there is a way to get freedom from constantly thinking about it! If you freed up some of your thoughts about food, think of all the other things you could focus on if it weren’t front-and-center day in and day out.
That type of relief comes from getting to the bottom of why you lose your willpower. SPOILER: It’s not really about lacking discipline, resisting food or depriving yourself!!
Many diets and weight loss programs focus on your “why.” In this workshop, we will get clear on your “why not.”
- Why do you know what to do but you’re not able to stick with it?
- Why do you want to work out more but don’t consistently go to the gym?
- Why do you tell yourself to stop at just one handful of chips but then finish the whole bag?
In Truce with Food, your “why not” is what we call a story. When you’re feeling out of control with food, it means you have a story that needs to be revised. When in your story you probably have rigid ideas of what it means to be “good” and “bad” (e.g., anything less than exceptional is complete failure).
We need to evolve those rigid ideas for more flexible thinking and self-trust that we can work through our emotions differently than we could in the past. And in turn, you no longer need to stuff down the uncomfortable emotions with food.
Once you have clarity and get to the root of what’s driving your eating, it’s empowering that it’s something that can change beyond just needing more willpower or discipline.
What we’ll cover:
- See how your “bad ” eating and exercise habits are protective and how they keep “bad” emotions and identities locked down
- Understand the real root cause of why you “fall off track”
- Shift the focus away from more tactics to resist food to you and who you have to become to not battle food
- Clearly identify your ‘one big thing’ goal and how it would improve your life immediately when you reach your goal. (This is not just another SMART goal!)
- Diagnose your story so you can see your story as something outside of yourself that can be changed
You will learn new things about yourself during this intensive and jam-packed 3.5-hour workshop. The group is kept small to ensure each person gets personalized attention.
How others felt after the session:
“Ever since I’ve had the epiphany moments on the Deep Dive call, I’ve been able to integrate what I learned and drastically change my behavior! I have also seen the scale budge for the first time in MONTHS!” ~Christina V.
“I have never been able to put into words what’s been weighing on me. It really helps to separate the feeling of what I’ve been holding. I feel lighter and a little bit of the “weight” has been lifted.”
- Session length: 3.5 hours
- Complete an exercise as a group that will help you get clear on your goal and identify your story
- Live coaching to bring even more clarity to what’s driving your out-of-control eating
- Homework after the session to start connecting your story with your unaligned eating
- Cost: $350. This investment will get applied to Truce with Food if you decide to sign up after the workshop. There is no obligation to do so and there will not be a high-pressure sales pitch at the end of the session.
What Clients Have Said:
“I’m making a conscious effort to take care of myself and fill my emotional and mental cup. I feel like doing the deep dive session allowed me to peel back the first layer of the onion and think about some things that I hadn’t been aware of that were contributing to my out of control eating. I’ve been able to let those things keep simmering in the back of my head while taking better care of myself.” ~Katie M.
“I have made more progress in the 2 hours I have spent with you so far then I have in years of therapy!”
“I feel unburdened, and a load has been taken off my heart and shoulders. I feel light, hopeful, and optimistic.”