Beyond the Plate: Navigating the Stress of the Holidays
The holiday season can bring up a lot for many of us! If you’re…
- Feeling alone/lonely heading into the holidays
- Worried about what will come out of Aunt Judy’s mouth that will offend you
- Not sure how you’ll feel around all the food
- Feeling anxious and overwhelmed with all the social gatherings
Join us for this gathering where you’ll have a safe and supportive space to share what’s coming up for you, while identifying what you need to help feel more settled, along with some tools you can use from now through the end of the year (and maybe even beyond!) There will be space and support to process it all!
The last thing we want to do this time of year is start a new plan, have to rely on willpower or discipline to make our way through all of the social gatherings, or miss out on our favorite foods. Guess what? There is a better way to make it through the holidays!
Specifically, during this gathering, we’ll explore:
- What leads you to feel so stressed during the holidays
- The driving forces that lead to eat and/or drink more than you want, without having to focus on resisting the food
- What will help you navigate the holidays, so you don’t feel exhausted and like you need to start over come January 1st
What to expect from the session:
In the first part of this call, we’ll go through journaling prompts to see what leads to feeling stressed about the holidays, which may include the food and/or be beyond the food.
The second part will be for discussion based on what you uncovered during the journaling exercise, as well as an open forum to answer any and all questions. It will be a safe, confidential, and judgment-free space. Because of that, this call will not be recorded.
Your point of contact for this event is the Organizer in the event description. Please direct all questions pertaining to this event to Laura Folkes.